Are you seeing different KPIs for Virtual training vs Onsite ILT?

Options
Sunita Arora
Sunita Arora Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Services Delivery & Operations

How have the KPIs for end user training changed as we move from Onsite to Virtual ILT?

Comments

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

That is a very interesting question. I am currently taking an IDEO course on Designing Strategy which is a good example of a hybrid course. There is a lot of prepackaged online content. But there is also a lot of interaction with the teaching assistants and social interactions with other people in the course. As one completes assignments and interacts one gets points. These points could, I think, be analyzed on the backend to measure various forms of engagement (we do something similar on our skill and competency management platform).

I wonder though, if I am missing the point. The goal of any training is not the training itself but to (i) build skills, (ii) help people to apply those skills, in order to (iii) drive outcomes. Unless we can connect the dots between skill acquisition, application and outcomes we cannot meaningfully measure the impact of training.

The tricky thing here is the outcome data, as it can lag behind the training by weeks, months, years.