Data Analytics Tools for the Trade

Don Carlton
Don Carlton Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Services Delivery & Operations

Today with Customer Support we have selected MS Power BI and the primary data delivery/dashboard tool. However, I know there are other Tools like Tableau that are standard and have various advantages and dis-advantages. Would like to get inputs from folks on their tool sets and any positive and negative feedback on them. Thank you

Answers

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭

If you are primarily a Microsoft shop and if a lot of your data passes through Excel I think Power BI will address most of your needs. It also has a reasonable and easy to understand pricing model, especially for companies with large MS licences.

Tableau lets you get a lot more creative and may let you find additional insights. But you will have to ask if the additional cost and complexity is worth it.

What I am looking for is the best tools to use with machine learning applications. Most of our machine learning is based on our proprietary platforms but we are starting to explore some of the cloud AI tools and are looking for good packages to layer on top of these. I don't think the current versions of Power BI or Tableau work for this.

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭

Thinking more on this, I would first start by defining the insights you are looking for, the way you need to communicate these insights, the actions the insights will inform and how you will track the outcomes.

Data - Insight - Action - Result

Then back solve the dashboard requirements from this.

• Don Carlton
    Don Carlton Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭

Thank you for your inputs

• John Ragsdale
    John Ragsdale Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello, the 2020 Support Services Tech Stack survey is now open, which includes a category for customer experience analytics. If you complete the survey, members will receive the full results, including the list of top installed solutions. We'll have those results out to you before the October TSIA Interact event. Here's the link to participate: https://www.tsia.com/members/data/surveys-and-quick-polls/technology-stack-survey-for-support-services

• Joe Thomas
    Joe Thomas Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭

We leverage the Einstein Platform from Salesforce including Einstein Analytics for dashboarding, Einstein Discovery for AI-driven insights and Einstein Sentiment Analysis for, you guessed it, Customer Sentiment Analysis at an opportunity level. We also use Tableau on top of an AWS datalake

• @Joe Thomas is Einstein able to do sentiment analysis on support cases in Service Cloud? For example, using sentiment to identify cases that are likely to be escalated or generate low survey scores?

• Joe Thomas
    Joe Thomas Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭
  • Patrick Boyce
    Patrick Boyce Member
    edited October 2020

For business intelligence tools, I've used Power Bi, Qlikview, Data Studio, and ShinnyApps; I've found Power BI is the easiest to learn/use, and aside from ShinnyApps, offers the most customizations and visualizations.

For analytic tools more broadly:

• R (Forecasting, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, Automation, Report Generation, Augmenting Power BIs Abilities)
    • SQL (Usually used with R or Power BI, but worth mentioning)
    • Excel (Usually adhoc requests)

Cheers,

Patrick