State of the Handshake between Service Portfolio Management & Technology Product Management

Options
LauraFay
LauraFay Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in Technology & Services Strategy

Are your product management and services product & Portfolio management teams collaborating well or poorly when it comes to designing recurring revenue solutions for awesome customer experience and consumption?

Weigh in to this quick poll and see instant results from the community.

Do let me know what questions you'd like to hear addressed as we prepare for TSIA Interact in a few months.

Answers

• Jaime Farinos
    Jaime Farinos Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

This is a very interesting topic. I would find very useful to learn more about best practices, process definition and process maturity in this context. This would include the design, monitoring and improvement of the service portfolio as the product and the service evolves over time.

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

One of the things we have just started to do is that at the beginning of an epic (in the scrum sense) the marketing, product and customer support teams make a plan that goes to leadership on how the new functionality will be communicated. A full communication plan becomes part of the epic. It needs to address current customers, the market (potential customers) and analysts and other thought leaders. We had a disappointing function launch earlier this year and we feel one reason is that we lacked a plan and tracking systems to connect marketing, sales and customer success to the service development team.

• LauraFay
    LauraFay Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Steven Forth, Thanks for sharing the learning on the importance of effective collaboration between the product and service side of the house when designing and monitoring the success of offers.

It's a key interest area for me as a researcher, and I am looking forward to TSIA Interact session Product & Service Offer Design Teams: From Isolation to Integration, where I'll share the industry trends for collaborating and organizing to design exceptional XaaS customer experiences and offer portfolios.

Through discussion of the most recent data, trends and live Q&A, participants can contemplate what next team collaboration steps might be on the cards for themselves and their company.

I look forward to seeing many of you there and engaging in the conversation.

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Thank you @Laura Fay I will ask our customer success and service design leads to attend this.

Understanding value and using differentiated value as the organizing framework across the journey from solution development to marketing and sales to implementation and customer success is, I think, the key here.