We have enabled more tags. When you post a discussion or reply to a question, add tags. They have full search capability. Try it!
How to convince customers to initiate stalled services projects
I am a Senior consultant working for a product company and I work for PSO(Professional services organisation). We sell services as part of license deals or upsell services individually to existing customers to implement the product / enable teams / deliver automation assets. These services are not paid for upfront and the customers are billed only on consumption of these services.
Challenge we are facing is that we have a stalled backlog that is growing becasue of few resons:
- Customers not using services they signed up for feeling they are enabled and are confident to run with the tool(This is good because it shows we have done a good job) but as a PSO department we have stalled bookings.
- Customers cite that their teams are busy due to project deadlilnes and cannot afford trainings or cannot allocate time for automation.
- Management changes and they loose focus on automation
- Though most customers are opening up for remote delivery some customers are still not comfortable for remote delivery.
- Some customers say that they want to reserve the services for a rainy day(In case they run into problems in future they will engage us)
Due to the above reasons we are ending up having huge services backlogs. It is challenging to forecast revenues and also makes it diffucult for planning resources.
- Please suggest how to restart stalled projects?
- How to initiate conversations with clients to consume services?
- How to show value to customers when PSO is engaged?