Has anyone started putting together detailed plans on how to reopen physical offices?

Jesse DiIanniJesse DiIanni Vice President, Global Professional ServicesMember

Has anyone started putting together detailed plans on how to reopen physical offices? Having staff coming back to office. What are all the decisions that need to be made and prep that needs to be done?

Answers

• John RagsdaleJohn Ragsdale Distinguished VP, Technology Research Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭

Hi Jesse; I haven't talked to anyone progressing that far. Our data is showing many companies will be shifting to more remote work longer term. Here's an article I read recently that outlines a few approaches companies are considering, like staggering shifts to avoid workers being in close proximity: https://www.protocol.com/companies-planning-employee-coronavirus-testing

Personally, I think testing will have to be more widely available so frequent testing can be factored into the process.

• Alyssa OrtizAlyssa Ortiz Global Marketing Manager Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    edited May 12

Hi Jesse,

We started to meet on this topic on a bi-weekly basis. We're exploring how this will look not only for our customers coming in but also trainers leading in the classroom. There are so many fine details. I am interested to see what others are doing as well.

• Doug CavinessDoug Caviness VP Strategy & Partnerships Member | Enthusiast ✭

We have a global framework that deals with resuming normal operations across three stages that is dependent upon the Covid situation in each locality. That being said,other details are still in process, such as specific cleaning and social distancing regiminess, as well as WFH policies after things resume to "normal".

• Alexander ZieglerAlexander Ziegler Program Director, Business Development for Training & Skills Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

IBM published it's "Return to Workplace Playbook". It is a quite detailed and I think applicable for lots of companies, and in addition it is having a global focus: https://newsroom.ibm.com/index.php?s=34178&item=32071