Video Conferencing Tool for Technical Training

Jacqueline Sell
Jacqueline Sell Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi everyone - I'm exploring a variety of video conferencing tools for our Virtual Training experience. Curious if you'd be willing to share who you use and what you love and/or dislike about the platform. Thanks!

Comments

• Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

Hi Jacqueline, I am working with Webex as part of my role in IBM for Technical Training, and Zoom and Teams as I am working also with various Universities, who prefer either Zoom or Teams. If you had asked me prior to the pandemic my answer would have been "use WebEx", but Zoom + Teams really picked up. From pure stability, the 3 platforms are equal from my experience (and I used them a lot during the last 3 years).

A little bit of the differences: Teams has the smallest amount of features if you're only a guest. And always when I enter meetings as a guest, I feel Teams is a bit behind the others based on this. Zoom + WebEx today are even having nearly the same look + feel, and definitely the same stability. My personal preference is a bit on the side of Zoom, but I think this is based on usability and my personal impression.

Final recommendation: If I would be you I would go with the platform that your company is using in general for their employees. If this is WebEx or Zoom I would use it. If you're not using any of the platforms I think I would go for Zoom - but it would be worth investigating pricing differences between Zoom and WebEx. If you use Teams already in your company then maybe stay with it even if it would be my 3rd choice. I think different tools are not really helping - but you could also make this a financial decision and still evaluate Zoom.

I hope this helps.

• Jacqueline Sell
    Jacqueline Sell Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Appreciate your feedback! Thanks