What is the average NPS for positive customer IT education?

Options
Beverly van de Velde
Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭

I realize that NPS scores range and that anything above "0" is positive. But, what are the industry average NPS scores for corporate software education courses that represents "good" versus "great" versus "amazing"? And, are the scores different for ILT versus on demand / digital learning?

UPDATE: I'm unable to delete this post after I found this article:

https://www.tsia.com/blog/how-customer-experience-evaluations-can-improve-education-services

Answers

• Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Beverly, I believe the research conducted by TSIA is, as always, excellent and provides a comprehensive overview. However, I would like to add a few important points to consider. I am writing this as a representative of a company that has experienced significant success with the use of the Net Promoter Score (NPS), so please keep that in mind as you read my comments.

Firstly, the usage of NPS has increased significantly in various industries. The 50% usage reported last year may no longer be accurate. A recent study of 495 companies in the United States found that 60% of the companies surveyed are using NPS as one of their key performance indicators, with Customer Satisfaction (CSAT) and Customer Effort Score (CES) being the other two widely used metrics.

Additionally, there is a regional dependency on NPS usage. The 60% quoted as the worldwide average reflects the usage of NPS in a global business context. However, if your company has a more regional focus, such as the United States, Europe, Middle East, and Africa, or Asia Pacific, there may be a significant deviation from this figure.

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Options

Thanks @AlexanderZiegler! That's good information. (I did go back and read your post and other people's replies from 2020 on the topic of NPS.) Our coverage is primarily the US and Europe and we're assessing both NPS and CSAT.