What Metrics or KPIs do you use to measure your Tier III Support team?

Options

We use the standard KPIs for our Tier I, client-facing folks (CSAT, Case Age, Quality, Abandonment, etc.), but our technical support team (aka Tier II, Tier III, Application Support team) is our "escalation" team that mostly handles bug fixes and defects using SQL and backend access.

They are not as directly client-facing (they don't answer inbound volume), but they do assist with more technical client cases escalated by the Tier I team. Standard support KPIs don't seem applicable, but I would love to hear how other companies measure the performance or efficiency of their more technical teams that still fall under the Support umbrella.

Thanks!

Answers

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Options

Hi,

Besides the % of solved incidents on time, Problem Management (root cause analysis), Knowledge Base entries, and Tier I and II training.

• Stela Koleva
    Stela Koleva Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Options

Thanks, @CarlosAlves . How do you measure T1 and T2 training - do you use hours spent or do you have a good way to capture mentoring, etc?

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Options

At first, we measured hours and number of T1/T2 people trained, but after that, we found it more valuable to ask the T3 people to talk about their tech expertise and record it. So it evolved to "contributions to the knowledge base": resolution scripts and training entries.

• Samir Bhargava
    Samir Bhargava Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Options

We had built in TLR metric (third level response). In our process it starts the counter when the case is put in a sub-status corresponding to seeking help from the Third Level. The clock runs until a response is received (could be anything -- an answer or a fix, and the case owner (client facing person) changes the sub-status. TLR gives us the time taken by such folks and you can set targets for them.

TLR is part of SLR which is time to resolution and not counted separately.