Seeking Advice: Building a Successful Coaching Practice from Scratch

Hello fellow professionals,

I'm venturing into the world of coaching and am seeking advice on building a successful coaching practice from scratch. I have a strong background in building and l reading SaaS teams - coming from the development side and executive side of things, and I'm passionate about helping others achieve their goals in this area. I would appreciate any insights or suggestions from experienced peers in the field.

Here are some specific aspects I would like to know more about:

1. Area of coaching/services: What are the most in-demand services or niches within the coaching industry, particularly related to SaaS / Software Coaching? How can I tailor my offerings to meet the needs of my target clients?
  2. Pricing: How should I approach pricing for my coaching services? Are there any industry standards or best practices I should be aware of, such as tiered pricing, packages, or hourly rates?
  3. Marketing strategies: What are the most effective marketing strategies for promoting a coaching practice? Which channels (e.g., social media, email marketing, content marketing) have proven to be most successful in attracting clients? Are there any tools or resources that you recommend for managing and tracking marketing efforts?
  4. Client acquisition and retention: How can I attract and retain clients in the coaching industry? What are the key factors that contribute to long-lasting client relationships?
  5. Scaling the business: Once I've established a solid foundation for my coaching practice, what steps should I take to scale the business and expand my reach?

I understand that everyone's time is valuable, so I truly appreciate any guidance you can provide. Your insights will be instrumental in helping me build a thriving coaching practice from the ground up.

Thank you in advance for your support and advice!

Best Answer

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Answer ✓

Good question, @Ryan Peterson . What I've seen in the market is:

1. Business model changes, new roles, and career recommendations.
    2. Defining a scope with the interactions that will happen (e.g., homework, meetings) and calculating by the hour. Price is about the total.
    3. It depends on your target: using your personal expanded networking for executives. This is better than ads on social media. However, posting and commenting on content related to your expertise is a great way to get visibility.
    4. Networking. For a long-term relationship, I'd look for subscription models.
    5. It is a very personal choice for the customer. Expanding that must be on people you know and trust and could relate to the same target audience with your referral.

I hope it helps.