What is your survey response rate?

Options
Jacqueline Sell
Jacqueline Sell Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi folks -

Lately i've been spending a good bit of time digging into our survey response rate and trying to find trends. We have an amazing response rate at about 75%. Curious if other IT Training companies are higher and if so, how did you get there?

Answers

• Spencer Hancock
    Spencer Hancock Moderator | mod
    Options

Hi Jacqueline,

Great question! Survey methodology is a growing area of interest for many TSIA Member companies. @Bill Hor , @Christy Vega , @Joseph Reifel, any thoughts on Jacquline's question about survey response rates, and what you've done in your careers to ensure high survey response rates.

• Bill Hor
    Bill Hor Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

Hi Jacqueline - A response rate of 75% is outstanding! It is pretty tough to obtain levels higher than that with high numbers of students. We have:

• Asked instructors to point out the importance of completing the surveys.
    • Had instructors carve out time near the end of the class for students to complete the surveys
    • Reminder notes.....
    • Ensuring we follow up when a student indicates something wasn't perfect or asks to be contacted
  • Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

We now have data from lots of years around response rates, especially since we introduce NPS. I can confirm that it is neither the student nor the instructor who determine the response rate. The instructor has a certain influence, but: The key is how the company an instructor is working for is valuing the surveys - and of course, how the company an instructor is working for is creating means of motivation. This may be an interesting result, but as we have instructors working for different partners, but the trends we see are clearly partner-related it is a matter of fact that the execution to increase the response rate is indeed the instructor, but it is the attitude of the owner of the business relationship that is driving the response rates. I can see response rates in this model between 20% and on the top 75-80%. And as stated by @Bill Hor any rate of is impressive. But I can also see that it is possible to get to this level if a company is motivated.