Training Subscriptions & Partners

Do you handle training subscriptions for partners differently from how a subscription is offered to customers? If so, how?

I've heard that partners don't budget $5,000 a year for training (not just subscriptions, but any training) and have different personas (e.g., admins, technical leads, architects, etc.). However, I could make the same arguments on behalf of customers, and it hasn't stopped companies from offering training subscriptions to customers. The idea behind a training subscription is that you offer a variety of training options for people to consume, yet don't necessarily think that every persona will consume all training within a subscription. Still, our job is to provide enough content to make the subscription valuable for the purchasers.

Comments

• Bill Hor
    Bill Hor Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi Beverly - Our Digital Learner subscriptions are the same for end user customers and channel partners. We do have various levels. You can review our options here https://education.hpe.com/ww/en/training/marketing/digital-learner-landing.html

Or feel free to reach out and we can talk.

Thanks,

Bill

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭

Thanks, Bill. Long time, no speak! I hope you're doing great.

I appreciate the sanity check below. I just might reach out to pick your brain a little more. ;-)

• Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

Yes, we also use the same. And we see in general a trend on the technology side (not speaking about sales training), that Training for Clients and Partners (and our own employees) could be the same. So, using the same Subscription makes sense. The biggest differentiator we see is giving certain discounts for the Partner Ecosystem in Training in general - which then should also apply to the Subscription

• Beverly van de Velde
    Beverly van de Velde Member | Enthusiast ✭

Thanks, Alexander. I'm definitely accounting for partner discounts in the pricing and revenue forecast.