Which CRM has proven its worth with your CS Organization?

Options
Markees Williams
Markees Williams Member | Scholar ✭✭
edited April 2022 in Customer Success

What is the most effective CRM that your (CS) organization uses? Some would say Gainsight! Others may prefer Totango or Whatfix! What do you say? What do your CSMs appreciate the most about it's functionality?

Comments

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin
    Options

in the past I used Gainsight, then switched to SenseData (https://www.sensedata.com.br/en/index.html), because we needed a simpler features based on the maturity level my Latam CSM team had.

• Markees Williams
    Options

@CarlosAlves thanks for the response! I'm always blown away by the need for "simplicity" in what seems to be such complicated times. I'll take a look at this one and I'm curious as to what others may be working with and what drove their decision.

• Jonathan Corrie
    Options

Hi @MWilliams

We use Salesforce for our CS team where we leverage the core platform capabilities for running a range of CS activities including health scores, success reviews, project delivery and CS task allocation (via Precursive PSA), support cases (via ServiceCloud) as well as seeing embedded product usage through a plug-in application called ISV app. This means that I can see all sales, services, CS and support data for a client.

We reviewed a number of CS tools but always found that we could not get the integration capability that we wanted for Salesforce which is the single source of truth for us. Hope that helps.

• Markees Williams
    Options

Hello @Jonathan Corrie I really appreciate your response and yes it helps. I'd imagine Salesforce is quite popular when it comes to what I like to refer to as "the infrastructure of CS". I'm not sure the size of your CS Organization but have you found the need to run another CRM on top of or in addition to Salesforce?

• Denise Stokowski
    Denise Stokowski Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

I am from Gainsight and have been here a while in product management. Happy to talk - sent you a direct message.

Here is one of our recent blogs about CS leaders who did choose Gainsight that might be a useful reference:

https://www.gainsight.com/blog/the-simple-truth-7-cs-leaders-share-when-and-why-they-chose-gainsight/

• Markees Williams
    Options

Hi @DeniseStokowski your link and comments are greatly appreciated! Our organization is already a believer and user of Gainsight. Our CS organization is large enough that we run several CRMs. They each bring something different to the table. The blog you sent makes a lot of great points. A few I have listed below.

Whether Big or Small, Data is Often the #1 Reason Companies Outgrew a Lightweight Tool 

Just Because You Can Do Anything Doesn’t Mean You Have to Do Everything

The Wrong Technology Can Stunt Your Team’s Growth

You Can’t Effectively Evaluate a CS Platform Until You Understand the Outcomes You Want to Provide to Your Own Customers