Anyone attending TSIA World Envision Las Vegas? What agenda item are you mostly looking forward to?

Markees Williams
Markees Williams Member | Scholar ✭✭
edited February 2023 in About TSIA Discussions

Why is this important to you? I've attended previous TSIA conferences and everyone seems to be super excited about this one.

Comments

• Markees Williams

The keynote fireside chat on Tuesday from 8:15am to 9:15am by Thomas Lah looks intriguing to me. He's speaking with Ansa Sekharan from Informatica about being reborn in the cloud! I think this is the transition a lot of companies are currently making right now. It's not always an easy one so looking forward to the steps within the journey. If you have ever seen one of Thomas Lah's fireside chats you know that the story telling can be seamless and peerless.

• Markees Williams

I really enjoyed the keynote: The Re-engineering of Sales Generation given by J.B. Wood. Spoke about a lot of interesting changes coming to the sales and customer success side of the tech industry.

• Markees Williams

I was really impressed with the the keynote: How a remarkable customer experience can be your best sales and marketing strategy.

• Carlos Alves
    Carlos Alves TSIA Administrator, Moderator, Founding Member | admin

My key takeaways:

• To question extreme automation, so relationship and contact points are improved in customers and companies benefit
    • To sell, adopt, and deliver based on customer business outcomes. It is still a long way to go, but it is inevitable.
    • To create value it is important to work together: within your organization, with no walls or silos, and involve customers and partners to validate ideas with real-world feedback.
    • As Thomas said: "Status quo is at risk": think and promote change.
  • Markees Williams

@CarlosAlves All great takeaways Carlos! I remember when Thomas mentioned the "status quo" and the other thing he added to that is if you aren't going to promote change and the "status quo" is going to be your answer (some On-Prem companies fall into this category)then you better be absolutely certain! What I took from that is if you select to do nothing then your margins, profits, business relationships etc., should be at a level that sustains your business for years to come. You may even want to have a moat around that business before you are too comfortable. Otherwise you misjudge and not only are you left behind but your competitors will eat your lunch.