Robot Process Automation

Hello,

I am researching products that are currently being used by organizations to automate repetitive/remedial tasks to free up valuable time for support engineers.

Do TSIA community have a favorite?

How long did it take from implementation to release?

Is it scalable?

Appreciate your time.

Kelly

Best Answer

• Ana Howes
    Ana Howes Member | Enthusiast ✭
    Answer ✓

Blue Prism - happy to connect you with someone from BP.

Answers

• Doug Caviness
    Doug Caviness Member | Expert ✭✭✭
    edited February 2021

Hi @kelly oliver@Kelly Wilson,

I've been doing a fair amount of research on #RPA and am in the process of writing a blog post on the topic as it applies to front office sales and other activities to reduce repetitive manual efforts. So far I've found a number of different vendors and a lot of variation.

Curious, where are you in your investigative process and have you already confirmed that the target activities are appropriate for RPA?

I had an insightful conversation with Craig Le Clair of Forrester recently who authored what he calls the Rule of Five to help make that assessment: https://www.forrester.com/report/Use+The+Rule+Of+Five+To+Find+The+Right+RPA+Process/-/E-RES144074

Thanks,

Doug

• Hello Doug,

Thank you for the response and the link.

We are at the beginning stages of research and are focusing on the organizations in Gartner Group's upper quadrants in this area including SAP's solution. The repetitive tasks involve qualitive incident reviews, resource calendars that are not linked, queue management, etc. From what I've read thus far about Kofax RPA solution it may fit some of our requirements, but I need to dive deeper.

Appreciate any insights you may have.

Kelly

• Jerome Peck
    Jerome Peck TSIA Administrator | admin

Good stuff here. @John Ragsdale —This is right up your alley. Any thoughts here?

• Doug Caviness
    Doug Caviness Member | Expert ✭✭✭

@John Ragsdale, I think including RPA (in by extension Machine Learning and AI) in your tech stack surveys would be great!

@Kelly Wilson, a few months ago I had a very informative discussion with Nicolas Gruloos, Director, Sales Support, Kofax Software, nicolas.gruloos@kofax.com, about some interesting implementations he's been involved in with clients. I think he would be a good contact to make for your research.

• @Jerome Peck thanks for including John.

@John Ragsdale I did find the whitepaper you linked on the site and do see some possible applications for PS. Reading further into it.

@Doug Caviness thank you for the contact at Kofax.

• @John Ragsdale : have the tech stack surveys bubbled up yet in research priority since your shift into the new role? I'll add my voice to chorus on the need to include RPA, ML, and AI in the next tech stack survey, as well as the KM survey.

Allan.