Is a virtual workforce influencing customer NPS scores?

Daniel Reese
Daniel Reese Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Services Delivery & Operations

I'm curious to know if members are seeing changes in NPS scores attributed to a virtual workforce. We're seeing higher output but it may be a false positive as we have also seen a drop in time off. Does anyone track NPS scores since becoming 100% virtual?

Answers

• Spencer Hancock
    Spencer Hancock Moderator | mod

@Daniel Reese that is an excellent question. At the onset of the COVID19 crisis TSIA's Research Team launched a series of Rapid Response Polls to measure the impacts a virtual workforce was having on customers. One of the Rapid Response Polls asked if customer satisfaction with support had changed during the COVID-19 crisis; 67% of respondents indicated that customer satisfaction remained the same, and 33% indicated an increase in customer satisfaction. Customer satisfaction is not directly equivalent to NPS, but I think the findings add some credence the increase in NPS that you are seeing with your customers. Here’s a link to TSIA Rapid Response Polls -  https://www.tsia.com/members/for-you/covid-19-resources/rapid-research-response-dashboard, for you to take a look at, @John Ragsdale what are you thoughts on Daniel's question?

• Eileen Looi
    Eileen Looi Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

So far we haven't seen NPS scores being negatived affected due to remote delivery. In fact, we are seeing an improved customers' scores due to speed in delivery enabled through virtual tools and broader skillset pool globally.

• Doug Caviness
    Doug Caviness Member | Expert ✭✭✭

So far NPS & customer satisfaction scores have either stayed the same or increased post COVID-19 WFH so certainly no impact on this so far as we can see.

• Kirill Markelov
    Kirill Markelov Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi Daniel,

Our global NPS for Field activities grew approx. 8 points from February-March period to April, NPS for Support grew 12 points. For us clearly appreciation of help by the customer grew as situations we are helping them in became more difficult.

• Alexander Ziegler
    Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

I like your question and also the responses here in the Exchange. From my work around the analysis of NPS it is a bit early to see a real trend. I think we should look into this topic end of Q3 probably even end of the year. If the preliminary findings are right then we should see an increase and also a decrease at a certain point of time once lots of people are back in the office.

• John Andrews
    John Andrews Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Following the shift of our service delivery function to entirely remote operations in all of our global centres, we have seen an uptick in our Client Satisfaction scores, and SLAs have also improved. This isn’t to say that they were inferior scores in the first place, rather we have seen an improvement in an already positive set of measurements. Just to be clear! The sustainability of this is yet to be verified, but the positive trend is encouraging us to review our operating procedures especially related to the possibility of increasing remote working.

• AdamFuller
    AdamFuller Member | Enthusiast ✭

We have seen a small increase in our NPS, generated primarily from movement of Detractors to Neutrals rather than an increase in Promoters. The movement happened mostly during the first few weeks of COVID's impact on our customers switching to remote work (mid-March) and has been steady since then. Of note is that a large majority (>80% globally) of our workforce were either partly or fully remote as a standard work offering pre-COVID.