Are you seeing increase demand for CPQ (Configure, Price, and Quote) solutions?

StephenSpence
StephenSpence Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Is Covid-19 recovery likely to accelerate the need for CPQ solutions? If so, what are some specific examples of how you are using them?

Best Answers

Answers

• Doug Caviness
    Doug Caviness Member | Expert ✭✭✭

I'm definitely seeing an increased focus on CPQ and other forms of both automation and enablement.

• John Ragsdale
    John Ragsdale Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm receiving more inquiries on CPQ right now, so I do think companies are looking at either investing in this, or better leveraging a CPQ engine they have. The challenge is traditional product-centric CPQ tools aren't great for services. Where I think CPQ can help is automating and enforcing rules around product and service bundles, pricing, and discounts. Since sales isn't all in the office to discuss this and pass paper around, technology can automate this process more. I think it also can help us be more responsive as many companies are introducing new offers and pricing due to the pandemic, and if the CPQ engine is documenting and enforcing these, you don't have to worry quite so much about training everyone on every new offer, price and discount.

Here's a link to a blog on Services CPQ if you are interested: https://www.tsia.com/blog/cpq-for-services-the-spreadsheet-killer

• StephenSpence
    StephenSpence Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Thanks John. It's an excellent blog. I'm working closely on this with James Cramer who wrote it.