Do you see differences in the current need for Digital Learning dependent on Geographies?

Alexander Ziegler
Alexander Ziegler Founding Member | Expert ✭✭✭

There was always a difference between Europe / NA / LA / AP / Africa and acceptance of Digital Learning. I'm wondering if in times of COVID19 you're seeing changes? Are there Geographies that are moving now faster or slower forward in their Digital Transformation than before?

Best Answer

Answers

• Scott Thomas
    Scott Thomas Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Alexander our experience is that in broad strokes the acceptance of Digital Learning is becoming more accepted across all global regions. I have always had a theory that as Educational Services groups we allowed the "myth" of certain regions not adopting Digital Learning because we kept enabling old delivery methods to continue concerned that if we stopped the training would stop. Clearly COVID19 forced us to move to other ways of delivery all done remotely and broadly I think we are finding that folks will do it, accept it, and make due because that is the way they have to get to the information and the training. I know as a business we already had put steps in place to make in-person delivery a more premium service and will accelerate that as we come out of the pandemic and open up travel some more.

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭

I would say we are seeing the same thing as @Scott Thomas There are cultural differences in how one has to design and deliver, but online/digital is definitely becoming more accepted and seeing better adoption. The sharpest uptick we are seeing is in Latin America.

• Maria Manning Chapman
    Maria Manning Chapman Member | Guru ✭✭✭✭✭

Shout out to Jeremy for sharing TSIA's recent blog post relative to virtual learning in the various geos. The data shows that about 65% of folks that were scheduled for classroom training did convert to virtual delivering. The conversion to virtual onsite however, while reasonably good in North America, is in the 50% range for EMEA and LATAM, and in the 40% range for APAC. So, as the saying goes, time will tell. TSIA will continue to collect data, to determine if over the long haul folks forego face-to-face training, particularly onsite training, for the virtual learning experience. Keep an eye on LinkedIn, or your email, if a TSIA member, to participate in upcoming polls about how COVID-19 is impacting learning.