What are the "vital behaviors" of a CSM?

Options
KelseyHunsinger
KelseyHunsinger Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Does your company have a prescriptive approach to Customer Success? I'm curious to know if your org has defined a road map of key activities for CSMs to complete on a weekly, monthly, quarterly, or annual basis that create successful customer relationships (example: cadence of customer calls, QBRs, relationship building activities, account planning, etc.).

Best Answer

Answers

• David Perrault
    David Perrault Founding Analyst | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

All of the above. You want to have a process-driven approach that is repetitive in nature so that your customers get a consistent experience regardless of who their assigned CSM is. It will also allow you to scale better.

• KelseyHunsinger
    KelseyHunsinger Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

@Steven Forth Thank you for this! I realized that I wrote "activities" but what I'm actually interested in is more the behaviors of a successful CS team and whether those can be prescriptive, at least to a degree. The list of behaviors you provided is helpful - agreed with both you and @David Perrault that activities should be consistent and prescriptive, but it's really the behavior of the CSM that will drive success. Thank you both for your input!