What is your biggest Analytic Challenge/Biggest Spreadsheet Effort?

Options
Joe Thomas
Joe Thomas Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭
edited February 2023 in Services Delivery & Operations

What is your biggest analytic challenge/struggle? I guess another way to ask is what is the spreadsheet that takes the most effort to generate? I can tell you at FinancialForce our biggest analytic struggle that I see is around "Marketing ROI/Contribution". We have our core Financial and Service Delivery elements pretty well handled, but tracking and understanding the impact of marketing activities, and the true costs of those activities (so that we can determine ROI) is where we still struggle. How about you?

Best Answers

Answers

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Thinking more on this, as digital transformation proceeds Activity Based Management should become more practical. Someone must be working on good solutions for this. Has anyone seen something they can recommend?

• Don Carlton
    Don Carlton Founding Analyst | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

Marketing contributions are always a bit tricky. I think Activity Based Costing has proven to be difficult. Getting to high level numbers of Supply Chain, Delivery and Call costs are not so hard, but through the years the detail needed to understand each an every motion and what specifically is driving the costs is elusive coupled with the large size of the organization