Support KPIs

Courtney Ellis
Courtney Ellis Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi all,

We are doing a mid-year check in support check in with our team and metrics. We're wondering what other support departments are using as target goals for key support metrics Mean Time to Solve, and SLA First response adherence.

Looking forward to your insights!

Courtney

Best Answer

Answers

• Greg Higgins
    Greg Higgins Member | Enthusiast ✭

Hi @Courtney Ellis. Thanks for posting! I'm looking forward to reading the responses.

At Splash, we track:

• Average Resolution Time (Mean Time to Solve)
    • CSAT
    • SLA First Time Adherence
    • Average Updates Per Ticket

In Q3, we're looking to add in more metrics around self-service and deflections:

• Self-Service Score (Ratio of Users of our Knowledge Base vs. Tickets Created)

-----

Finally, we currently only offer phone and email support so I'm interested in incorporating more metrics specific to new channels as we explore community based support and chat.

• PatrickMartin
    PatrickMartin Founding Analyst | Expert ✭✭✭

@Courtney Ellis Thanks for starting this conversation. At Coveo, we break it down into several categories:

• Operational effectiveness
    • Knowledge Management and Self-service
    • Customer Satisfaction

There is a mix of metrics that are tracked for each of these, but the main outcomes we track are:

Operational Effectiveness:

• SLA compliance on initiale response
    • Mean Resolution Time
    • First Day Resolution %

Knowledge Management and Self-Service:

• Re-use %
    • Case Deflection/Self-Service success (I actually have a separate thread on this topic)

Customer Satisfaction:

• Transactional Survey Scores

We also look at our Employee Engagement scores as they are part of our KPIs as we believe that having an engaged team has a direct impact on quality of service and CSAT.

There are many other supporting metrics that we look at, but the ones mentioned above are those that we hold ourselves accountable on as far as objectives go.

• Kirill Markelov
    Kirill Markelov Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi Cortney,

if I follow the categorization proposed by Patrick we are tracking:

1) Operational: SLA First response time adherence

2) Knowledge: Re-use % and Creation of knowledge articles

3) Customer: NPS score

@Patrick Martin : interesting remark about the employee engagement. How do you measure this ?

• PatrickMartin

@Kirill Markelov we use a tool that surveys our workforce every 1-2 weeks on various focus areas, which allows us to measure employee engagement and ENPS quite accurately.

• Courtney Ellis
    Courtney Ellis Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

@Patrick Martin, @Greg Higgins, @Kirill Markelov thank you for your insights! Would you be willing to share your targets for these? Has anyone adjusted their targets for the back half of the year in this COVID era?

• PatrickMartin

@Courtney Ellis I wouldn't mind sharing the targets, but I believe that there they need to be put into context. Your processes, tools, products supported, support model (tiered or not) are all factors that can influence your targets. For example, at Coveo, we only have 1 level of support and our support is closer to sustaining engineering than actual support. We have to deal with a very complex and customizable product, so we should expect that our FDR/FCR would be much lower than a company doing B2C support that operates on multiple tiers. What I would suggest is to define your starting point, look at what behaviors, process optimization or tools that could positively impact your metrics and set targets or thresholds of where you want to be in 6, 12 and 18 months. This will set the tone for continuous improvement ad align the team on objectives.

I hope this helps.

• Melanie Gallo
    Melanie Gallo Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Are other companies seeing any increases on the Support KPIs since having to go remote? For example, Average Hold and Handle Time increases? If so, do you have any insights on how to get back on track to pre-COVID results?