Introducing Self-Service

Options

We want to introduce self-service to support our customers which use our software.

Since we are still at the very beginning of the journey, I would be interested in learning from experience so as not to take wrong steps at the beginning that turn out to be wrong.

Is there a step-by-step guide that someone had good experience with?

And which technical solutions or software tools do you use?

Answers

• Jaime Farinos
    Jaime Farinos Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭
    Options

Hi Fritz,

I would highly recommend to look into the Consortium for Service innovation and their KCS methodology:

https://www.serviceinnovation.org/kcs/

i hope this helps.

Jaime

• PatrickMartin
    PatrickMartin Founding Analyst | Expert ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Fritz,

This is an exciting journey you are embarking on. Jaime has suggested you look at the KCS methodology. This is a great start as it gives you the framework to consistently get knowledge published and updated for your customers to use. However, customer expectations are now going beyond just search capabilities and finding content. They now expect intelligent experiences, where you will leverage the data you know about them to tailor the content presented. Does your customer portal allow you to capture information about your users like:

• what are their roles in the company (developer, user, admin, etc.)
    • what products/service are they using
    • what are their interests in your product offering
    • etc.

All this information can be used to tailor the experience and present relevant content to the user, which would greatly impact your self-service success. A tool like Coveo would allow you to leverage AI to build a self-service experience that will be personalized and relevant.

So KCS would be your content strategy/framework and Coveo would be the engine that drives the experience intelligence that customers now expect when it comes to self-service. This is what we are using.

I hope this helps. Let me know if you would like to discuss further.

Patrick