Virtual classroom tools

What tools are you using to deliver vILTs? I am looking for something that is engaging, innovative and immersive to a degree. 

Best Answer

Answers

• Scott Siekmeier
    Scott Siekmeier Moderator | mod

Hi Ana! Important topic and one that is especially relevant to Education Services organizations today. @Maria Manning-Chapman here at TSIA has discussed vILTS in the two recent blog posts. The first, The Impact of COVID-19 on Classroom Training, speaks to what happens to education revenue when it is highly dependent on face-to-face training and most of the world is mandating social distancing policies. The second, Education Services Delivery Options You Should Explore, covers various E-Learning delivery methods that are proving to be successful.

@John Ragsdale Any thoughts on this?

Also want to include @Alyssa Ortiz and @Elise Lostutter for your input.

• Elise Lostutter
    Elise Lostutter Founding Member | Scholar ✭✭

Hi@Ana Howes! Our teams use WebEx Training Center. It allows for breakout rooms, which is nice when an instructor needs to meet one on one with a student who may need a bit more help. It has the standard chat, polling, and recording features I think you see with the other vendors. I'm not as well versed in what is out there today with other vendors like Zoom and Adobe. Interested to hear what others may have to say on this topic!

• StevenForth
    StevenForth Founding Partner | Expert ✭✭✭

We often use (well, used to use) whiteboards while training, with small breakout groups of 3-5 people working together on a whiteboard. Has anyone found a good collaborative whiteboard solution, preferably one that works well with one of the conference calling or webinar platforms.

• Doug Caviness
    Doug Caviness Member | Expert ✭✭✭

cleverbridge has been using Miro for about the last year as a virtual whiteboard, particularly helpful for group brainstorming and planning. I think our team in pretty universally satisfied with the service and found it very helpful for collaboration in a virtual setting.

• Ana Howes
    Ana Howes Member | Enthusiast ✭
    edited October 2020

I heard of Miro too and have tested it out - they do allow a trial. I am looking at Strigo too - has anyone got experience with Strigo? How about Readytech Virtual Classroom tool?

• StevenForth

Thanks @Doug Caviness I think I will give Miro a try.

• Ana Howes
    edited October 2020

There is a whiteboard and post-it feature with Teams but you do require a pen for the whiteboard. Miro is a bit better and it does integrate with Teams too. I am curious to har what your experience is with Miro @Steven Forth and @Doug Caviness and how you apply/would apply it in vILT deliveries.

• StevenForth

@Ana Howes Have not had time to experiment with this yet. When you say 'requires a pen' does this mean that one can use a stylus to draw on the whiteboard? That is appealing. We are an Atlassian and Google shop rather than MS, though many of our large partners use Teams and I have seen a lot of improvement in Teams over the past two years. The product leaders there are doing an excellent job.

• Ana Howes

I use Wacom pen tablet with Teams Whiteboard. I don't see how else to use Whiteboard without the pen.